The Tengeru Community Development Journal (TCDJ)
TCDJ is a peer reviewed Journal, which is sponsored and published by the Tengeru Institute of Community Development (TICD) and registered by the Tanzania Library Services Board and its International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) is 1821- 9853 (Print), 2665-0584 (Online)
The journal is published twice a year i.e. June and December.
The Journal aims at providing the public, academicians, researchers, consultants and practitioners with a scholarly forum for an exchange of ideas and experiences of community development. Specific objectives of the Journal are:
- To fill the vacuum of relevant community development problems, theories and practices so as to boost a wider understanding of community development issues.
- To publicize information and knowledge of research findings and field experiences related to community development issues.
- To endorse knowledge and development research activities. skills through community
- To provide a forum for discussion on issues and problems related to principles, approaches and techniques of community development.
Scope and Objectives of the Journal
The scope of TCDJ seeks to stimulate new thinking and ways of working on areas related but not limited to: community participation; community empowerment; resource mobilization and utilization; community development approaches and models; patriotism and national unit; community health and sanitation; social inclusion in poverty and growth process; urban-rural divide and change; rural-urban transformation; national development policy and legislative frameworks; governance and democratization issues; gender; HIV/AIDS; environment; natural resources; food security; climate change; social protection/child protection.
Submission of manuscript(s)
Submitted manuscripts will be assessed from editorial point of view, at first, and if found appropriate for publication, it will enter the peer-review process. To ensure unbiased review, referees will receive the blinded version of the manuscript. The corresponding author will then be informed of the evaluation along with the Editorial remarks. Authors of accepted articles will be asked to work on remarks and re-sent the manuscript to editorial team to finalize publication. Submit manuscripts as e-mail attachment to the Editor in Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org. A manuscript number will be mailed to the corresponding author as soon as possible after receipt of the manuscript.
Editor in Chief
Tengeru Community Development Journal
P.O. Box1006, Tengeru
PHONE: +255 736210917 ext. 106
FAX +255 73260849
Type of papers we publish
TCDJ review and publishes three (3) types of scientific articles:
Major scientific discoveries and original research articles which address important theoretical issues and make a significant contribution to community development.
Comparing and contrasting specific theories or the presentation of new theories related to community development.
explanatory overviews and discussions of historical and recent discoveries or theoretical developments within the field of community development.
All manuscripts should focus on the scope of the Journal.
1.2 Instructions to authors
1.2.1 Originality of work
The manuscript should be own original work and neither previously published nor being in the process of being published by another publisher
The TCDJ administration encourages electronic submissions in any standard editable formats including Ms Word.
The acknowledgement receipt note will be sent to the corresponding author to confirm that his /her manuscript has been received by TCDJ authorities
Manuscript will be encouraged to be submitted through: – specified official email address, postal address and provision of enquiry line for further information in the editor-in-chief‘s office.
The manuscripts should not exceed 12 pages including abstract, tables, figures, references, and appendices. Illustrations such as tables, figures should not exceed a total of ten (10).
1.2.3 Reviewing process
- Each paper will be reviewed by the editor and he /she has the responsibility for deciding ,based on officially laid down criteria ,whether the paper is to be accepted ,rejected or referred back to the author for amendments .The author will be informed about the decision made and reached by the editorial Board.
- Authors are advised to observe deadlines set upon incorporation of comments. For Major changes, a work shall be returned to the editor in chief after two (2) weeks and for minor changes, a work shall be returned after one week from the date the work is sent to the author.
- There shall be no submission fees during initial /beginning stages of this journal to encourage many authors(this will serve as a stimulus for promoting the Journal)
- For the purpose of safeguarding authors’ rights ,the copy right of the material published is vested in the TCD journal